The Charity's nurses facilitate the Psychological Wellbeing Programme, promote the benefits of a healthy lifestyle and encourage patients to take a more proactive approach in managing their health and wellbeing.
Every patient is initially assessed by a member of the nursing team when they arrive.
The assessment includes:
• Discussion of the reason for attending the Treatment Centre and the individuals expectations of the Psychological Wellbeing Programme.
• A brief past medical history.
• Any other health or lifestyle related issues.
• An assessment including blood pressure, pulse and weight.
We offer a wide variety of health promotion information including the following:-
• Weight Management.
• Blood Pressure Management
• Smoking Cessation
• Alcohol Awareness
• Healthy Eating
• Heart disease prevention advice
Registered Nurses are available to provide care for Residential Patients at both Centres. The Nurses surgery is also equipped with emergency resuscitation equipment.